Send checks to:
Kauai Independent Food Bank,
3285 Waapa Street,
Suite A, Lihue, HI 96766
What Happens When You Donate
The Kauai Independent Food Bank relies on monetary donations, grants and other gifts, as well as food donations to support our operations and our initiatives. Our physical plant includes the maintenance of a 4,000 square foot warehouse and a fleet of vehicles, including a refrigerated truck, delivery/pick-up vehicles, forklifts, pallet jacks and other necessary equipment for the efficient operation of the organization. We have a large walk-in refrigerator to house and display our perishable items. In addition to the operational needs we occasionally purchase food to meet specific needs of our agencies and communities.
Our program initiatives are funded by specific grants, trust awards and cash donations that assist in the provision of the much needed services requested by the expressed needs and circumstances that arise.
We work collaboratively with several community agencies to provide services to the citizens of Kauai including:
- Kauai Boys and Girls Club
- Westside Ni’ihau BackPack Program-Ni’ihau Charter Schools in Kekaha
- Westside Keiki Cafe at Waimea High School,Waimea Canyon Middle School, Kekaha Neighborhood center and YWCA After School Programs
- Eastside BackPack Program-Kapaa Elementary School
- Lihue Keiki Cafe-Wilcox Elementary School
- Anahola & Kilauea
- Kupa’a Kokua Kupuna- A senior’s program that permits seniors to acquire fresh produce, fruits, dairy products, bakery items and other nutritious foods.